Copper Hills Students at the Microsoft Store

Cassey Ivie, Web Editor and Business Manager

On Monday, November 20th, students from the Business and Marketing Club (BAM), coupled with students in Video Game Club and AP Computer Science Principles, made their way downtown for an experience that could change their future career paths. Upon arriving at the Microsoft store, students interacted with real workers in the field and some of the newest technology.

Students began by exploring the latest Microsoft technologies and experimenting with them. The Microsoft Store is unique because it isn’t just made up of sales pitches and advertisements. Anyone entering the store can try some of the technology on display, whether that be a phone, laptop, or gaming system. Copper Hills students tried each of these while learning of its potential in their future years.

Students also engaged in a presentation on how to better represent themselves. They got hands-on training and experience with new online presentation software the could be for anything from school projects to BAM student’s competitive presentations. Students also received advice regarding how to find their future path, and the ways technology could help them get there.

Overall, students had an enjoyable experience while receiving valuable opportunities and training. There is a possibility that these groups will return in the future to meet with Microsoft executives and add to their knowledge bases.