• August 26Copper Hills football uses field goal in overtime to defeat Ben Lomond 16-13 for their first win of the season.

Nostalgia Cafe

Home Away from Home

Photo Credit: Chasity Mayo

Photo Credit: Chasity Mayo

Chasity Mayo, Co-Editor in Chief

The old brick of the building is inviting and alluring. Dim lights flicker overhead, casting shadows in all the right places, making the faces of those sitting appear soft and loving. Keyboards click and book pages are turned. Old friends greet each other with warm hugs, and soon replace them with warm cups of coffee.

Nostalgia, a coffee shop located on 248 E 100 S in Salt Lake City, is a delightful attraction with many perks and unique qualities. As Nostalgia puts it, it is your “home away from home.”

When you first enter Nostalgia, the environment holds true to its name. It not only gives a vast communal feel, but also envelops you in familiarity. The unmatched chairs to different shaped tables makes the space feel put together, but still relaxed and mellow. The lighting is soft, coinciding well with the mellow music and varietal art hung throughout the shop.

Apart from its comfortable atmosphere, the coffee shop has many things to offer. The menu not only consists of freshly brewed coffee, but sandwiches, crepes, and an assortment of breakfast items. Nostalgia also claims that this varietal menu is actually the largest of made-to-order foods in relation to downtown coffee shops.

The menu and the atmosphere make this cafe great, but what makes Nostalgia unique? The individuality of this coffee shop comes from the service there. The baristas are persistent in creating an at-home feel. They create not only good conversation, but provide great recommendations to the menu.

Nostalgia is open from 7:30 AM to 12 AM, Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday, they are open from 8 AM to 12 AM. Be sure to visit, this cafe will not disappoint. They say smell is the best way to recall memories. Try out this theory, and visit Nostalgia, where the familiar scents will transport you in time.