Paws-4-a-Cause

Paws-4-a-Cause

Hailey Winn, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Paws for a Cause, Copper Hill’s winter fundraiser, ended today. Copper Hills High School beat the record they set last year with $49,125.03. “The school fundraises to help provide for Christmas and other needs in our community,” explained Mr. Adamson, a teacher over Paws for a Cause. Copper Hills has a saying that goes, “Once A Grizzly, Always a Grizzly.” We stay true to that during Paws for a Cause. Our community includes people within our boundaries, but it also includes former staff and students. The fundraiser events included Odd Jobs, Grizzlys Got Talent, and the Football Game Stomp. 

This year, with the fundraised money, Copper Hills provided 93 kids from their community with Christmas. In past years, the leftover money has been used to pay for student’s funeral expenses, wigs for cancer patients, and other various expenses that students shouldn’t have to pay for. Most students that have been helped in past years, come back in the future and give back what they can. Because Paws for a Cause gave them hope that they could make it through school, they have strived to inspire that same hope in others. Paws for a Cause creates a community that’s willing to come together for a good cause. It’s created a community that continues to give back.