Band Competition at Herriman

Alex Hess, O & L Editor

On October 12, 2019, the Wasatch Front Invitational, at Herriman High School, the Copper Hills Mighty Marching Grizzlies (MMG) competed in their third competition of the year. After arriving at Herriman, the band began with a visual warmup to help get them focused and ready to perform, then they continued on to a musical warmup for one last-minute review of their music before heading off to perform at 7 o’clock. After performing, dinner was provided by Texas Roadhouse and served by the band parents. The MMG then went into the stands to watch the other bands, such as the American Fork and Herriman high school bands, perform before the awards were announced. 

The MMG got a score of 72.738 which landed them in a tie for 3rd pace with Pleasant Grove. They had won a caption which happens when the band gets the highest score in a certain part of their show such as music or percussion. Pleasant Grove won the caption for colorguard so the drum majors from Copper Hills gave them the trophy and are waiting on their own trophy to arrive. While they wait for their trophy they are getting ready for their competition on the second of November at Pleasant Grove high school so go out and support them.