Wrestling Against Bingham

Lainee Miller, Staff Writer

Imagine, the roar of the student section begins to grow as the wrestlers run out of the locker room. As they stretch and get ready, they look over at their opponent. They walk up, shake hands, and get into position. With the blow of the whistle, they begin the match.

On November 28, the Copper Hills wrestling team went up against Bingham’s team. Unfortunately, we did not win. The final score was 53-20 to Bingham. Although this didn’t turn out in our favor, some wrestlers didn’t disappoint in their match.

Isaiah Fowers, a 106-pound varsity freshman, “teched” (won by over 15 points), with a final score of 17-0. With this being his first ever match against another high school wrestler, it is an amazing way to start his new path in high school.

Another big win was from Dylan Clyde, a 138-pound varsity senior. He was behind in the beginning, then pushed his way to get a tie, 6-6, before the end of the third quarter. After going into overtime he got the win with a takedown for a score of 8-6. With this new varsity player from Oregon, the team is heading into a great season.

Wrestling is going to have a 3-team dual at Cyprus High School on December 4th, and a dual against Herriman at Herriman High on December 6th. The Cyprus dual will be the first region dual of the season, and the team is ready to put up a fight and to win region for the 5th time in a row.